Monday, August 10, 2015

Burke Friend - A new start

      Knock knock, who's there?  It's God and we need to have a talk:).......

      Last spring I struggled with different issues surrounding my life and what "we" were doing (my family and I). I felt as though I was in a situation that, literally was breaking me down.  I was so stressed that I was literally sick every day.  I knew this wasn't right, but I wasn't sure what I needed to do with it.
     Then one evening I got a call from a trusted friend, John Spiker he was tickled on how I managed our first production sale and wanted to know if I could help him out on another sale this last spring.  I was excited but so nervous!  This was something I had dreamed of doing my whole life, and from a individual I respected highly.  I didn't want to let him down, but with the loving support of my husband I was started on a new adventure!!
     After several long days of working, the sale was here and I was NERVOUS!  If I didn't do my job right then the sale would be unsuccessful, as I sat in the Auction block with John, I literally could hear my teeth chattering!  But my faith in God let me know that if this was my path then he would see me through it.  Hours later, the sale was over and John looked at me and said " You did it Girl!"  The John O'Dell Spring Angus Sale had the highest grossing sale ever!  Not one animal went unsold!  I went home that evening with a new peace within my heart, knowing God was at the wheel.
     After this Mark and I prayed, we prayed we'd find answers, and that we'd be shown a path that we needed to follow.  I missed my boys terribly and were spending thousands in commuting to work and daycare.
    We decided that if I was to stay home with the boys, I could manage the farm and work for myself.  So after days and months of preparing, I've started a Adventure and we're calling it Burke Friend :)  I will be sharing my love of photography with Livestock and family pictures ( If your like us it's all the same :)) along with sale management and consulting services for your livestock.  So if your needing family portraits or sale management :) I'm your girl!
     I would personally like to thank my wonderful husband Mark and my supportive family for pushing me in this direction, I love you all!!








A man's heart deviseth he's way: but the lord directeth his steps.  - Proverbs 16:9



Always trust in him!

Burke - #FarmerWife

No comments:

Post a Comment