Friday, August 7, 2015

Two paths same outcome

     Yesterday, my husband calls during work to say "you don't have any plans? Right" immediately I know that this means, he's got plans for me.  "Of Course honey I have no plans, what do you need?".  Well to make a long story short he picked up a 2 bushels of peppers and a bushel of peaches after work that he wanted me to can.
     We always can at my grandparents in their canning kitchen, so I go into the house to tell my grandmother what's going on.  She informs me (even though, I already know) that we need to get the recipe out and make sure we have enough supplies.  Well I pull out my tablet, because that where I keep all my recipes in a file I uploaded, (along with all those awesome, Pinterest Ideas ) and she comes and sits next to me with this super old yellow, overflowing recipe box.



     As I sit next to her at the table and look over, I see my 83 year young grandmother with her recipe box, and myself 30 years old with a tablet.  Both holding the same recipe, the same result but brought by two different paths.  Of course this got me to thinking about our lives, how there is 53 years between us, but we're both trying to accomplish the same thing in our own ways.  Things have changed so much in the last 50 years that we accomplish things differently then we once did, but we still have the same goals.  In fact thinking back, did those things "changing" really accomplish anything different?

There's a thought to leave you with :)  

No Farm No Food
Burke  #FarmerWife

No comments:

Post a Comment