Friday, October 2, 2015

Faith, Love and Maggots

   


 If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you'll realize that these last couple of weeks have been a challenge for my husband and I.  I could sit here and write a whole blog about how this fall has been horrible, we've lost animals, we're hauling water because of no rain ( which is funny because we gripped all summer about how it wouldn't stop raining) or I wrecked my brand new car.
     But I'm not, I'm going to sit here and tell you about my two beautiful children, Joel who just started school this year, he's been bringing home prizes every week from noodle eating contest winner to being the teachers best helper.

     How about Eli?  He had a great week!  He got to pick Beets with Papaw Bill and is growing so fast!! Only 2 years old and I found myself putting size 4T clothes on him!!

     These people in my life are true blessings, they remind me every day how blessed I am.  I could choose to look at all the negatives in my life, but not matter how long I look at them I still am reminded of my blessings.  In fact last night as I was doctoring a cow who was blown by maggots, I got to thinking about the devil.  I thought to myself, I'm this cow and these maggots are the devil.  In reference to the cow, I've had a bad week and some horrible things have happened ( she got poisoned by acorns and slipped her calf ) then the devil tries to get ahold of me ( maggots ).  I started laughing my husband looks at me like I'm crazy and I explain myself.  "These maggots are the devil and just like the maggots are trying to bring down the cow, the devil is trying to bring us down."  So just like our children we're going to be this cows blessings, and take the devils away!!  
So when life brings the maggots, remember how blessed you are and faith in the Lord and love for your family will suffocate the maggots and take them away!


Count your blessing!

The FarmerWife
Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment